The following products are calculated and can be viewed in different temporal averaged
resolutions and combinations:
- Velocity: Gridded fields of SSM/I optimal interpolated mean ice drift velocity, illustrated with
- Variance: Same fields for ice drift variance with overlaying
- Anomaly: Anomaly fields, which show the difference of one month's mean compared to the monthly mean
of all available years.
- Buoy drift: For all monthly means: buoy drift vectors and
covariance ellipses are included in the vector fields when and where buoy data
is available. Points where buoy data is included in the optimal interpolation
of satellite drift are highlighted.
- Pressure: Combinated fields of gridded NCEP surface pressure with isobars and SSM/I ice drift
- Temperature: Gridded NCEP temperature fields with 10m model wind.
- Kinematic Parameters: Differential kinematic parameters
DKP like divergence, vorticity and
shear, calculated from the ice motion vector.
- Ice Concentration: Pelicon Sea Ice Concentration with 10% isolines and drift
- Single Overviews: Monthly, seasonal and annual means of
ice motion and weather data in different combinations. In an double-panel arrangement, always two
pictures of the same period can be compared.
- Annual Overviews: Annual overviews by combination of monthly means
for all products, to see the behaviour of a parameter between the year.
- Interannual Overviews:
Overview of one selected month and parameter
on 18 years (1979-1997) see interannual variation of ice motion and weather
DATA AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Data download:
Access to all images and ASCII data archives.
- Buoy Data: Documentation, annual overview
and spatial distribution plots as well as datasets of all available measurements
from drifting buoys.
- Quality Parameters: Maps of seasonally/spatially varying
estimates of rms errors.